Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Car Crankin' Blues...

       "The cyclone derives its powers from a calm center.  So does a person."  ~Norman Vincent Peale

******




If any of you know me, you will know that since the age of 16, I have been through 10 cars! It started out with a Saturn. I think it ran quite well for 2 years but then it eventually broke down, as most Saturn's do. That was the start of my reign as the junk car queen! So like I said, over the years I have been through 10 cars, including my baby I have now. My baby is a quick 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V. The car handles superbly. It has over 200 horsepower and is probably the most fun car I've ever had the displeasure of having. My "baby" is sitting in the driveway right now. Dead. Yes, dead. My "baby" is no longer my baby. It has betrayed me.

This sort of thing happens to me all the time, so you'd think I'd be used to it. The fact that I seem to have such bad luck is one of the reasons I decided to start this blog. This bad luck has made my life quite entertaining at times, and actually shocks people on occasion. This year I vowed to my kids that we would set a goal of perfect attendance. For the WHOLE year. Thanks "baby". Thanks for NOTHING! That goal crashed and burned. 

So here we are, stranded at the house for the time being, and it's really not that bad. If anything, my bad luck has taught me how to roll with the punches. I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm always this chipper when my car decides to act stupid or when my house gets burglarized or when a pet kicks the bucket, because I'm not. Especially if it's that time of the month. But the combo of bad luck and being a mom has taught me not to cry over spilled milk. And more often than not, I suck it up and make the best of it. Like today. Since my kids are obviously not gonna meet that perfect attendance goal, why fret over it? We're just gonna have a "Pajama" day. I'm gonna get old faithful Netflix going on the blu ray player (I have over 150 movies in my queue), gonna whip up stacks of pancakes, lay some blankets and pillows on the floor and probably end up watching "All Dogs Go to Heaven" and "Annie" over and over. And if the baby happens to doze off, I may be able to get some "Twilight Zone" or "Andy Griffith" episodes in...

No comments: