Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall Makeup Trends and Tips

       "Polished brass will pass upon more people than rough gold." ~Lord Chesterfield

 

******


       I am a firm believer in syncing your makeup, perfume, and hair with the season. I tend to wear actual lipstick in the fall and winter and lip gloss in the spring and summer. I just feel more put together that way. I also change my perfume from fruity and clean (Pleasures Intense) to something a little warmer and heavier (Angel). Then it's time to get the sun bleaching out of my hair. In the summer my hair lightens quite substantially but then in the cooler months, I dye it back to my dark brown shade.

Fall is definitely a good makeup season for me, because the color palate is darker and complements my skin and hair better. I love jewel tones! And it looks like deep red lipstick is in for the 2012 fall season! Woo! 

Check out the following tips and trends and rock em!

1. BLACK CHERRY LIPSTICK

 

For an even more dramatic effect, Allure suggests applying straight from the tube and skip the lipstick brush. And to avoid that washed out, "undead" look, blend in a nice bronzer on your cheeks.

Allure Favorites...


2. BROWN SMOKY EYES

 

I didn't even see this coming because when I think of smoky eyes, I think of black eyeliner.Not this season! Toss that black eyeliner back in your bag and opt for brown.



3. GREEN EYESHADOW

undefined 

I haven't really explored this option cause I stick to plums and browns for the most part, but here is another trend that actually isn't that crazy! At least it's not orange lipstick... See? Could be worse.



4. GOLD ACCENTS

undefined 
 I'm quite excited about this one...



5.  APRÈS-SKI CHEEKS (rosy cheeks)

undefined

Rosy cheeks are super easy to do. Allure recommends using a cream based blush because it blends well and allows the true texture of your skin to come through.

 How to get you some rosy cheeks! 

 

6. COBALT ACCENTED EYES

undefined 

I feel like this is one of those times when less is more. If you decide to sport this trend, I would probably use a light coat of blue mascara or trace a thin line on your upper lid. 

Make the most of blue... 

 

7. GROOMED BROWS

undefined 

Ok, so groomed eyebrows are something that I feel strongly about. I don't know if I would call this a "trend" because you should ALWAYS make sure your brows look good. No matter WHAT the season is. Click the link below for an idea on how to keep your eyebrows looking good without going overboard.

 Eyebrow Grooming...

 

SOURCE:  http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2012/top-fall-2012-makeup-trends

 Allure.com

 

 

 

If you like these tips, stay tuned for Fall Hair! 

 

-XoXo Jess

 






No comments: