Friday, September 21, 2012

Mommy Makeovers: Going Under the Knife... or Needle

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."  ~Eleanor Roosevelt

******
Note: I am not a doctor. I have never had plastic surgery. The following post is just my opinion and some info I retained from research. Always consult with a professional before undergoing any elective surgery and make sure the surgeon is certified and not doing his/her work out of their house. If you don't wanna take my word for THIS little piece of advice, just look up the lady who went to a "Plastic surgeon" practicing from their home, and ended up getting her butt pumped up with Fix-a-Flat. Please do extensive research before deciding if plastic surgery is right for you. And if you do decide that it is, you should not be a smoker or if you are, quit.
******

       After giving birth to four children, my body is in no way shape or form, the way that it used to be. Ah, to have those stretch mark-less days back would be sheer divinity. To look in the mirror and see smooth thighs instead of thighs pocked by cellulite would be... heaven. If y'all are like me, you would do anything to have those pre-baby bodies back. I am rather content with my "girls" though. I didn't have to wear a bra until I was 17 and turning my body into a baby-producing machine has really helped with my "lovely lady lumps". But what's the good of having larger, perkier "girls" when you're not happy with the rest of your body? 

       Many women would never consider plastic surgery. I, however, am not one of those ladies! I feel like being secure and confident is one of the best ways to be a great mom! If you're confident in yourself and the way that you look, then you will be confident in other things. At least, that's how I feel about it. Yes beauty is only skin deep and as long as you're beautiful on the inside, that's all that matters, right? WRONG! Inner beauty is very important, don't get me wrong, but girls in general, especially moms, like to feel pretty. And sometimes plastic surgery does help. And I really wish I could be one of those women who could care less about my looks, but I'm not. And chances are,a lot of mommies feel the same way that I do about their bods. Going the plastic surgery route isn't always fueled by vanity though. I have a very very flat booty. I mean, I have never seen a butt as flat as mine. It's definitely genetic because my late granny, my mom, and my little sister all have been cursed with the less than bubbly booty that a lot of women want these days. Not only does this pancake butt look unattractive, but clothes do not fit me well. They never have. My jeans always fit around my waist and hips, but are always super baggy in the derriere region. And that makes them slip down and I have to keep pulling them up every time I stand up. It's definitely not cool. I don't want it to sound like I'm talking down on myself because I think I'm a very intelligent, beautiful woman. I would just like a good body to go along with my other assets.
       So, the point of this post today is to reassure the women that have seriously debated on getting some plastic surgery. Most women would agree that there is nothing wrong with getting a little work done. As long as you don't go all out and start reconstructing everything, plastic surgery can be a great way to regain your lost confidence. There's s Here's the 411 on some procedures that are popular with moms:
Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty):
This procedure consists of  removing extra fat and skin from around the tum-tum area and tightening the abdominal wall.  Apparently, this doesn't get rid of stretch marks unless they exist in the area that is to be worked on. Also, if you're planning to become pregnant, you should probably put this one off.

Breast Implants: 
This one is definitely popular for obvious reasons. Sometimes, pregnancy has adverse effects on boobs. They can become deflated-looking and well, just plain ol' saggy. Consult your plastic surgeon for the best kind of implants, whether it be saline or silicone. Really good ones should be able to last you for at least 15 years. 

Breast lift: 
Women usually use this to accompany implants. However, this is a good way to go for women who have good sized breasts but may have some saggin' issues. Pregnancy can really take a toll of those boobs!

Booty Augmentation (Gluteoplasty):  
Now this is what I need. They are doing some amazing things with this surgery. You can get your booty plumped up using implants or having fat removed from other parts of your body to be injected into that flat butt. Once again, consulting with a certified plastic surgeon will help you determine the best route to go with this surgery. 

Liposuction: 
Here's another popular one. This procedure involves the removal of fatty tissue via suctioning. Great for removing fat and sculpting specific areas. Do research! TONS of research! You don't wanna end up looking like Tara Reid. 

Botox: 
This little gem offers a no surgery, no recovery time youth-boost to the face. This is injected right into the muscle between your eyebrows, and blocks your muscles from being able to contract and cause wrinkles. This is a temporary fix but check it out at www.botoxcosmetic.com/

       These are only a few of the popular choices for Mommy Makeovers. If you have had any of these procedures done, I would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment and even send pictures.

     And don't forget to subscribe (via RSS or email) to my blog to stay up to date on all of my posts. Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope to hear your "Mommy Makeover" stories!

~XoXo Jess



     

No comments: