Sunday, October 7, 2012

Date Ideas For Couples

"Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense." ~Mark Overby

******

       So here's something I haven't covered yet. A night out for you and your significant other! I'm all about going out on some dates. My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years, and in the beginning, we used to go on dates quite a bit. Just the two of us. But lately, those opportunities have become few and far between. Our life together has become one long day of raising kids and working. I always thought that the older the kids got, the more time we would have to go out and just have some time for us on occasion. Ha! Boy was THAT a wrong assumption! It seems like they need more than they did when they were newborns!  
       
       Every couple needs time for themselves. We love our children, but that doesn't mean that we can't do things without them sometimes. I always know by the end of the night, I'm gonna end up missing them, but that's ok. Couples still need that special one on one time with one another. So in the spirit of trying to rekindle what my husband and I once took for granted (date night), I have come up with a list of things for couples to enjoy-together! And if you have to splurge a little, go ahead! On the other hand, a night at home ALONE, can be just as fun. A good family starts with a good relationship with your partner and time alone will help with that.

Movie Night at Home: This is one of my all time favorite things to do. We don't necessarily have to go out to a movie for it to be a good time. In fact, as far as movies go, I would rather rent in than go to an impersonal, dark movie theater. I have a subscription to Netflix and with my fabulous iPhone, I can plug it into my T.V. and watch as many movies as I like. While I'm on the subject, Netflix is a dream come true. It can keep the kids busy or come in handy for a date night at home! Ok, so once you've decided what movie y'all wanna watch, go shopping for movie food. You can get the classic movie treats such as popcorn and snowcaps, or do like I do and go for beef jerky, guacamole and tortilla chips, and jalapeno poppers. Then go home, get cozy in the bed and have fun!

Take a Road Trip: It doesn't have to be to a far away land, but make it at least an hour or two away. Here in Georgia, we have an abundance of small towns. Those are my favorite places to frequent. Hit up some antique stores and indulge in the local cuisine. My favorite thing about these little towns are the restaurants! Find the most talked about local diner and have fun taking in the new surroundings. And don't forget that half the fun of a road trip is the "getting there" part. Download songs that you and your partner both love just for this occasion. And play those corny road trip games that we all played as kids. My favorite is the ABC game where you find words on billboards or vehicles that start with each letter of the alphabet. Whoever finds the "Z" word first wins!

Go to a Wine Tasting: This one is pretty self explanatory. Just make sure you don't get too wasted if one of you has to drive home. 

4. Take in Some Ethnic Cuisine: Go to an ethnic restaurant that serves food neither one of you has ever tried. This will be a pretty cool bonding experience and you can sample from eachother's dishes. I love food and I love trying new things, so this one is a must for my husband and me as well.

Go to an Amusement Park: There's nothing quite as exhilarating as going on a roller coaster! Check out the scariest rides and hold on tight to your hubby. Let them win you a prize (or attempt to) and win them one! 

Haunted Houses: Now that October is in full swing, the haunted houses are opening! These are some of my favorite things to do. My husband and I went to Nightmare Haunted House one year and it was a lot of fun! I love being scared and it gives me an excuse to hold onto my hubs. :) 

Re-create Your Very First Date Together: I love this idea! My husband and I went to a local Mexican restaurant for our first date and then left in separate cars. lol So I think to be true to our first date, we would have to do the same thing. He was going to his friend's and wanted me to come along, but I had to get home to my (then) two kids. I remember how I actually missed him as soon as we went our separate ways out of the parking lot. So, if you take this route, make sure you do everything the same way you did the first time. 


       I would really try to make time for a "date" once a month. That's what I'm going to do myself. And if y'all have any ideas, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for coming by and go ahead and subscribe to stay up to date with all my posts!

~XoXo Jess





No comments: