Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Family Command Center: Keep your family organized

"When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses."  ~Joyce Brothers
 
******
 
       I am an organizational wiz! Except for my own life. :( No matter what I do, I haven't found the time or motivation to REALLY get my home and life organized... until now. I have seen TONS of family command centers on Pinterest, but the one that struck me as the most effective and easiest to stick to, is this one: (In case you're not sure of what a family command center is, it's a hub for keeping up with what your kids have planned, appointments, and any other thing you may deem important.)
 
Kitchen Cabinet Command Center - fantastic idea
Source: http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/2863

       Now I like this one because it's using something that you already have in your home. A cabinet! Luckily, I have tons of them. Mine doesn't look exactly like this though and I'm still working on it. There's not too much to put in it since the kids are out of school right now though. I have been saving viable food boxes ( i.e. cracker boxes, instant oatmeal boxes, butter boxes, etc.) to use as the organizing containers. I just tucked in the outer flaps and cover them with construction paper. Then I wrote what each one is for. Right now, I have the following:

Coupons to clip (Making a binder to complement this one.)
Mail to read
Bills to pay
Pencil/Pens
Savings jar

       And unlike the cabinet pictured above, I have used one with 2 doors and 2 sides. One side is for all of the school supplies and office materials, while the other side is for the containers previously listed. The fact that the cabinet has 2 doors makes it awesome, too. One side is for a calendar pinpointing when bills are due or anything that has to do with my husband and I. Also, our keys and chargers find their way on this door. The other door is for everything that has to do with the kids. Anyway, I felt like this idea could help a lot of moms out. It's not someting that HAS to be all store bought and it's really easy to keep up with. I would have taken pics of my own but it's still in the rough phases. I will post pictures as soon as it's complete.

       Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear your own ideas! Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog for all of my current posts and be sure to click the topmommyblogs.com badge on the right hand side to shoot me up to number one!

~XoXo Jess
 
 

No comments: